Tim Ouyang is a recording artist, producer, and songwriter. His band, Tim Be Told, is a contemporary Christian music group from the college-town of Charlottesville, Virginia.
Tim’s new album, Love and Happiness, focuses on his coming out journey and experiences with love, disappointment, disbelief, faith, hope, and God. Specifically, Like This song is the crown jewel on the album.
Tim has had quite a career since coming out and shares how things have fundamentally changed and shifted.
- Faith Forms Identity: Being gay was bain of existence and incredible blessing
- Gain Clarity: Why am I different? Praying to God to change
- Homosexuality is sinful? Contemplating suicide, know you’re loved and not alone
- Are you gay? Parents’ accusations, violations of privacy change to affirmations
- Theological Compromise: Remove leaders to not be seen or heard out of fear
- Conflict Resolution: Don’t ignore struggles; confront and cope with pain, sadness
- Like This Song: Taps into source of trauma from cultural and familial baggage
- Christianity: Know the right God because his spirit changes you from inside out
Links and Resources:
Tim Be Told
Tim Be Told on Bandcamp
Tim Be Told on Instagram
Tim Be Told on Spotify
Love and Happiness Album
Like This Song
Q Christian Fellowship Virtual Conference
Queerology Podcast on Instagram
Queerology Podcast on Twitter
Beyond Shame by Matthias Roberts
Matthias Roberts on Patreon
Until next week,
Get My LGBTQ+ Reading Guide!
Want to learn more but don't know where to start? This guide makes it easy.