Blake Mundell wanted to be a worship songwriter, but quickly became disillusioned and transitioned to pop music. He writes and records songs under the name, COURIER. Blake is recording a new album and his new single, Conversion, releases soon. Also, Blake is a sports massage therapist and on the medical staff for the Tennessee Titans. He’s an instructor of ethics, anatomy, and physiology at Mind Body Institute and is happiest when on a beach volleyball court. Blake lives with his partner, Tim, and dog, Jesse. Topics Discussed:
- How Blake identifies in relationships and religion
- How conversion therapy reates abusive and damaging sense of camaraderie
- COURIER: Concept artist humanizes people and writes about life experiences
- Words of Wisdom: Mess up, know it’s ok, but do what’s possible to not mess up
- White Tears: Identity comes from community; give up power, give up what binds
- Emotional Labor: Hard but necessary; white people need to become whole again
- Theological Walls: Barrier from experiencing empathy due to what God made you
Get My LGBTQ+ Reading Guide!
Want to learn more but don't know where to start? This guide makes it easy.