How are you celebrating the first-ever national Queer Youth of Faith (QYF) Day on June 30, 2020?
On this episode of Queerology, a panel celebrates the life, creativity, and gifts of queer youth of faith.
The panel includes Ameera, a trans Bengali-American Muslim; Taline, a bisexual Armenian Christian; Daniel, a gay Jew; and Sebastian, a trans Christian.
Happy QYF Day!
- QYF Panel: How each identifies and how faith formed their identity
- Honor, Celebrate, Center: Importance and meaning of QYF Day to each panelist
- Affirming Theology: Spread awareness that God doesn’t hate you
- Queer Realization: Born this way and continual struggle to find hope and support
- Advice: Nobody’s perfect, don’t change, you’re not alone, find your people
Links and Resources:
Until next week,
Get My LGBTQ+ Reading Guide!
Want to learn more but don't know where to start? This guide makes it easy.