Leigh Finke is a writer, producer, and editor from St. Paul, Minnesota. Her work focuses on religion and culture and how both intersect with the lives of queer people.
She has two new books releasing August 25 titled, Queerfully and Wonderfully Made: A Guide for LGBTQ+ Christian Teens and Welcoming and Affirming: A Guide to Supporting and Working with LGBTQ+ Christian Youth.
These books are some of the best and most comprehensive resources I’ve ever seen for LGBTQ+ teens and people of all ages.
- Christianity as a negative closeting tool
- Gender concepts
- Leigh’s paradigm shift
- Queerfully and Wonderfully Made: Your identity is real, valid, and valuable
- Focusing on spirituality instead. of maintaining faith for others
- Harmful and toxic religion changing to affirmation and support
- Doing what’s best for you; coming out is not a necessity
Links and Resources:
Leigh Finke’s Website
Leigh Finke on Twitter
Leigh Finke on Facebook
Queerfully and Wonderfully Made: A Guide for LGBTQ+ Christian Teens
Welcoming and Affirming: A Guide to Supporting and Working with LGBTQ+ Christian Youth
Orlando Shooting at Pulse Nightclub
National Study of Youth and Religion, Wave 3 (2007-2008)
Queerology Podcast on Instagram
Queerology Podcast on Twitter
Beyond Shame by Matthias Roberts
Beyond Shame Healing Day Hosted by Matthias Roberts
Matthias Roberts on Patreon
Until next week,
Get My LGBTQ+ Reading Guide!
Want to learn more but don't know where to start? This guide makes it easy.