How are you celebrating national Queer Youth of Faith (QYF) Day on June 30, 2021?
On this episode of Queerology, a panel celebrates the life, creativity, and gifts of queer youth of faith.
The panel includes Ameera, a trans-Svengolie American Muslim; Taline, a bisexual Armenian Christian; Daniel, a gay Jew; and Sebastian, a trans-Christian.
Happy QYF Day!
- QYF Panel: How each identifies and how faith formed their identity
- Honor, Celebrate, Center: Importance and meaning of QYF Day to each panelist
- Affirming Theology: Spread awareness that God doesn’t hate you
- Queer Realization: Born this way and continual struggle to find hope and support
- Advice: Nobody’s perfect, don’t change, you’re not alone, find your people
Links and Resources:
Rebel Youth Group
Kevin Garcia on YouTube
Masterclass: 4 Practices You Can Start Now to Move Beyond Shame
Queerology Podcast on Instagram
Queerology Podcast on Twitter
Beyond Shame by Matthias Roberts
Matthias Roberts on Patreon
Queerology releases every other Tuesday and is supported by its listeners via Patreon. Join in the conversation on Twitter: @queerologypod
Until next week,
Get My LGBTQ+ Reading Guide!
Want to learn more but don't know where to start? This guide makes it easy.