Recently, Cameron released her first book, Save Yourself, a memoir that addresses sexuality, gender, and equality. It describes how her Catholic upbringing prepared her for a career as an outspoken lesbian comedian.
Also, Cameron is the co-creator and co-star of the TV series, Take My Wife. Her recent comedy special, Rape Jokes, raised nearly $100,000 for RAINN, the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization.
All systems have hypocrisy and flaws. Nobody is perfect. Comedy can be a relief.
Cameron is endlessly curious about other people’s past and present experiences. What will happen next?
- Her Catholic upbringing
- Gender equality and queer theory
- Social justice, support, and safe places
- Liberation theology
- What was missing in the Catholic message she was taught
- Fear of abandonment
- The connection between being a comic and a priest
- The importance of having accountability in communities
Links and Resources:
Until next week,
Get My LGBTQ+ Reading Guide!
Want to learn more but don't know where to start? This guide makes it easy.