Brit Barron is a teacher, speaker, and author of the recently released book, Worth It: Overcome Your Fears and Embrace the Life You Were Made For.
Brit grew up in an evangelical church and eventually became the pastor of a megachurch at only 26 years old. It was truly too soon to understand herself, her dreams, and her sexuality.
That is, until Brit met Sami, a woman who changed, saved, and transformed her entire life. Brit decided to leave the church, get married to Sami, and come out. Choosing freedom is always worth it—no matter the cost.
Currently, Brit and Sami live in Austin, Texas, with their dog, Charles Barkley, and a house filled with plants that they treat like children.
- Identity: Female, lesbian, kind of tall, kind of Christian, and somebody’s wife
- Fighter’s Mentality: Pure, true, Christian narrative competes with other options
- Metaphor: Spring is always coming and new life is being birthed
- On a Rampage: Remember, more than one thing can be true at the same time
- Harm, Hard Work, Half Reality: Racist people can still be nice
- Closeted to Coming Out: Breaking boundaries while wrestling with fear for truth
- Right or Wrong Choices? Stop or continue to take the next step toward healing
Links and Resources:
Brit Barron on Instagram
Worth It: Overcome Your Fears and Embrace the Life You Were Made For
Queerology: Brit Barron is Gloriously Queer
Queerology: Brit & Sami – YAY Packages!
Richard Rohr’s Center for Action and Contemplation
Miley Cyrus’s The Climb
Queerology Podcast on Instagram
Queerology Podcast on Twitter
Beyond Shame by Matthias Roberts
Matthias Roberts on Patreon
Until next week,
Get My LGBTQ+ Reading Guide!
Want to learn more but don't know where to start? This guide makes it easy.